December 14, 2021
There is so much inspiration out there when it comes to table decor. Pinterest has it all! Are you feeling overwhelmed by all the options? My advice is to pick 1 or 2 aspects that you absolutely love and implement those. You don’t need to do ALL THE THINGS to still get an absolutely stunning table design.
1. Linens – You should consider linens the base for your table, they serve as an anchor for the overall feel of the reception space. If you’re going to spend the money on upgrading your design, this is where you’ll get the best bang for your buck. Not only can you go for a bright or statement color, but there are also textures that can contribute to your desired look.
2. Place settings! If you have a venue where you’re required to bring in all of the tableware anyway, bring in some fun brass utensils, scalloped or colored plates. My newest favorite is matte black flatware. Otherwise pick one utensil or charger and upgrade it!
3. Stationery/menus etc Have a relatively simple table? A menu and its details can compliment the overall design or be a focal point. Have you thought about going bold and bright? Or a menu that doubles as a favor – like a fan for a hot outdoor wedding?
4. Centerpieces – They can be an accent or a super tall dramatic cascading masterpiece. Greenery garlands will also have the same impact and elevate your event.
5. Chairs – Your best bet is to stick with neutral, but a fabulous chair – ghost chairs, gold chairs, black modern chairs, woven chairs, will really make a space pop.
6. Extras – Popular additions include candles, confetti, or something that is so uniquely you as a couple. (For one of my brides, it was perfume bottles!)
We’re doing an Instagram Live this Thursday 12/16 all about design and specifically, getting the most out of your decor and design budget. What design or decor questions do you have? Drop us a comment below and we’ll make sure to get your questions answered!
Schedule a free consultation with us! Here —> https://calendly.com/nessmcgovern/initialconsultation
Design by kaleigh turner creative. Designed with Showit.
n e s s m c g o v e r n
follow along @nessmcgovernevents